May 20, 2015
I woke up this morning with this new tea blend on my mind…. and then later today, Helen asked if I would make a new blend for my students! I was delighted. I immediately went downstairs to my little apothecary. In this magical space piled high with herbs, salves, tinctures, bottles and mixing bowls and and wonderful scents exuding throughout, I mixed up the blend I’d ‘dreamed’ about last night. I think it’s quite delicious. Try it and see how you might alter your own ‘dreamscape’….
not for dreaming, but for entering a ‘dreamy state’…..
- 3 parts spearmint
- 1 1/2 – 2 part organic roses (depending on the flavor and strength, I used 1 1/2 part of dark, strongly-scented rose petals)*
- 1/2 part chocolate nibs (or coarsely ground unsweetened chocolate)
- 1/8 part whole green cardamom, coarsely ground
- 1/4 part Star Anise, coarsely ground
- 1/8 part cinnamon chips (I used cinnamon a friend of mine had grown on his farm in Hawaii)
Mix cardamom pods, star anise, and cinnamon chips together and coarsely grind in a spice mill or grinder and then add to herb mixture)
- Use 1 teaspoon per cup (more depending if you like a fuller flavor ~ I do) and pour boiling water over. Let steep 5-10 minutes, longer for a fuller flavor.
- This tea is nice with a little honey to sweeten or add a pinch of stevia to the blend
*Important: Remember, rose petals need to be organic if using for internal purposes, as roses are generally heavily sprayed.