LET’S GET THIS DONE!!!
We are going to trial March 25, 2019!!
It is Time to Stand up for Our Herbal Legacy!
Trial coming soon!!
It has been 4 long years of this lawsuit, and 5 long years of our campaign to free Fire Cider from trademarks.
WE NOW HAVE A TRIAL DATE! March 25, 2019
Please consider donating to our trial costs!
Spread the word!!
Thank you so much for your continuous support!
Rosemary, Mary, Nicole and Kathi
Watch Rosemary Gladstar’s Fire Cider Story!
It’s winter and definitely time for Trademark Free Fire Cider! This years flu season has been setting records! Make sure to get your Trademark Free Fire Cider brewing! Its one of the best tonics to keep you healthy during the winter months and to ‘keep the bugs at bay’. And while you’re at it, try this great recipe for Trademark Free Fire Cider from Mountain Rose and my Fire Cider chutney (see recipes below).
Unfortunately, the issue surrounding Fire Cider’s trademark continues and the lawsuit that Shire City served to the ‘Fire Cider Three’ ~ is ongoing. We continue to need your support in helping us win this case! We have a trial date! We do have costs surrounding this! Please consider donating to these costs.
You can help support the Free Fire Cider campaign in many ways!
- Donate to the trial costs! March 25, 2019
- Make your own Trademark Free Fire Cider!
- Teach a Trademark Free Fire Cider class!
Thankfully, many stores have opted to stop selling trademarked Fire Cider. Stores who have continued to sell the Shire City Brand usually state that they want their customers to have the freedom of choice, but there’s NO choice when there’s only one brand allowed to be sold.
Our enduring hope is that Fire Cider and other traditional herbal recipes will be put in a category that protects them from future trademarking, which will allow everyone to continue to make and sell these traditional herbal recipes. We are not alone!
Fall is here along with colds, coughs and the flu! Many folks have been posting pictures on Facebook of themselves making Fire Cider because….
IT’S TIME TO MAKE FIRE CIDER!!
Please keep posting pics on social media and making Fire Cider!
Tag Tradition Not Trademark and #trademarkfreefirecider!!
Rosemary's Fire Cider Chutney
- 8 – 10 cloves Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Horseradish Root grated or finely chopped
- 1 Onion medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Ginger grated
- 1 or 2 Cayenne Peppers to taste, crushed or chopped,
- 1 Lemon with peel
- 1 or 2 TBSP Turmeric Root fresh, grated
- The batch I used to make my first Fire Cider chutney from had lemon w/peel in it, and it added a nice lemony flavor that enhanced the finished product. But I’vemmade it without the lemon and it was equally good. So be creative and have fun! Steep in raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar for 4-6 weeks then strain, Add honey and cayenne to taste. Taste should be hot, spicy, pungent and sweet.
To make Fire Cider Chutney:
- Strain the herbs after 4 -5 weeks. They should still be firm and flavorful. Add the herbs to a food processor or blender, and grind coarsely (don’t blend into a smooth past, but only until coarse and crunchy). If too dry, add a little of the Fire Cider Vinegar to the mix. You might wish to add a little more honey and cayenne to taste.