In this episode of “Voices of our Herbal Elders,” I had the pleasure of delving deep into the world of ancient herbal wisdom with herbalist and musician Brooke Medicine Eagle. With roots firmly planted in traditional teachings, Brooke paints a vivid tapestry of her experiences, wisdom, and passion for the Earth. Listen in as we journey through mesmerizing landscapes, discuss the power of feminine energy in today’s awakening world, and learn how the blend of modern and ancient knowledge can bring about transformative healing.
- Nature’s Sanctuary: Brooke’s relationship with the Earth and the sanctity she perceives in it. The importance of recognizing and respecting the land’s spirit.
- Traditional Indigenous Practices: Discussing the significance of ceremonies and rituals in Indigenous communities. How these ceremonies provide insight and connect people to the Earth and each other.
- Visioning and Reflection: The importance of taking time out for visioning and how even a day or two can provide profound insights.
- Ancient Wisdom and Love: Brooke’s teachings on the ancient brain, the power of love as the solution to Earthly challenges, the Dawn Star’s teachings, and the connectedness of the feminine through Buffalo Woman.
- Retreats and Gatherings: Brooke shares enriching experiences in her events ‘Cathedrals in the Pines’ for nature immersion and reflection; the monthly ‘We Are Earthkeepers Program’ combining teachings with Earth-centric ceremonies; and the ‘Power and Beauty Wisdom Series’ spotlighting the rising empowerment of the feminine and unveiling age-old women’s mysteries.
- Closing Moments: A touching song by Brooke, encapsulating the essence of walking in beauty and love.
May the past, present, and future of herbalism come alive in this insightful exchange.
About Brooke Medicine Eagle
Brooke Medicine Eagle is an Indigenous Earthkeeper, wisdom teacher, mentor, healer, visionary, singer/songwriter, shamanic practitioner, ceremonialist, and catalyst for wholeness. She is the author of the American native literary classic Buffalo Woman Comes Singing and of The Last Ghost Dance. Over the last 45 years, her many music recordings, teachings, writings, conference appearances, and wilderness spiritual retreats have touched the hearts and minds of people around the world. Her offerings are empowering, enlightening and supportive.